2nd Annual Canadian Crowdfunding Summit
CCS2016 Summit March 3 @MaRS Discovery District
Innovation | Entrepreneurship | Private Capital Networks | Investors
Thursday, March 3, 2016 | Toronto
The Future of Crowdfunding is NOW
The 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2016) is Canada’s only national event on crowdfunding, alternative finance and fintech. Gain access to over 70+ Canadian and international industry experts, leaders and innovators in the fast growing and lucrative crowdfunding alternative finance industry.
This is the first time in history that non-accredited retail investors can join accredited investors in next-generation investment strategies.
For Startups and SMEs
Crowdfunding offers alternative ways to raise money and acquire customers in addition to traditional methods like angels and VCs.
For Financial and Legal Professionals
Get access to early-stage companies and deal flow through new financial instruments to broaden your investment strategy.
For Enthusiasts and Supporters
Join 500+ investors, entrepreneurs, and industry enthusiasts to learn, network and be inspired by leading-edge content.
#CCS2016 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Hon Charles Sousa, Minister of Finance
Hon Charles Sousa
Minister of Finance, Ontario Ministry of Finance
Master of Ceremony
Michael Bancroft, Bloomberg
Executive Producer, Bloomberg TV Canada
How Does Crowdfunding Succeed in a Country?
Founder and CEO, Angels Den
How We Raised Over $18M Globally
Anthony Di Iorio
CDO at TSX, Ethereum Co-founder, Founder & CEO Decentral & Kryptokit
#CCS2016 LATEST NEWS
The 2nd annual Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2016) on March 3, 2016 brought together a diverse crowd of companies, investors, providers, industry experts and leaders in the crowdfunding, fintech and altfi sectors. Over 440 attendees were in attendance, including...read more
SmartHalo, Rna Diagnostics, The Sharing Depot and Yirego receive "Front of the Line" Golden Tickets to CBC Dragon's Den audition On Thursday, March 3, 12 finalists pitched their startups in front of a panel of judges and the crowd at the 2016 Canadian...read more
Hon. Charles Sousa Will Officially Open the 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit on March 3 TORONTO, March 1, 2016 /CNW/ - Ontario's Finance Minister, Charles Sousa, will explain the role alternative forms of funding will play in creating a sustainable economy in...read more
The 2nd annual 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit was another sold-out success, bringing together over 440 entrepreneurs, investors, crowdfunding portals and other service providers in Canada’s rapidly growing alternative finance crowdfunding industry.
Pitching and Showcasing Companies
The #CCS2016 full-day educational summit will feature high profile keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, entrepreneurial pitches, mentor sessions and exhibitor tables featuring leading crowdfunding platforms and service providers. The program will cover all emerging topics in crowdfunding, alternative finance and early-stage financing including:
Rewards and Presale
Debt, Lending and P2P
Social Impact Crowdfunding
Alternative Finance Models
To view by venue, click on the “Schedule” button below. Click on the “Attendees” tab below to view #CCS2016 attendees who have agreed to share their profile.
VIP NETWORKING RECEPTION
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Location: The Spoke Club (Portland Room)
- 600 King St. W, Toronto, ON Canada
** IMPORTANT ** If you want to attend the VIP Networking Reception AND CCS2016 you must purchase a VIP All Access Pass ticket type. It's also possible to register just for the reception.
- Thursday, March 3, 2016
- 7:30am – 7:00pm
- MaRS Discovery District (Auditorium)
- 101 College St. Toronto, ON, Canada, M5G 1L7
- Super Early Bird $250 (SOLD OUT)
- Early Bird $275 (SOLD OUT)
- Member Registration $295 (SOLD OUT)
- Standard Registration $395 (SOLD OUT)
- VIP All Access (Members) $375 (SOLD OUT)
- VIP All Access (Standard) $475 (SOLD OUT)
- VIP Networking Reception Only $99 (SOLD OUT)
- TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
THE FUTURE OF CROWDFUNDING IS NOW
With the newly released equity crowdfunding regulations across Canada and the emergence of marketplace lending and investment bank 2.0 platforms, 2016 is anticipated to be a year of exponential growth. The 2nd Annual 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2016) will be held on March 3 in Toronto at MaRS Discovery and will highlight a national spectrum of the foremost leaders, innovators, investors and enablers in the Canadian crowdfunding, fintech and alternative finance markets.
Once a year RARE opportunity to participate and engage in this dynamic industry and become part of the growing FUTURE OF CROWDFUNDING NOW:
- Full day of curated educational programming, networking and partnership opportunities
- All the hot button topics required to successful navigate markets, vendors and online financing transactions for companies, investors and industry
- High profile keynotes and over 60+ speakers, 30+ round table discussions, TEDx style inspiration, and meet & greets!
2016 Summit Highlights
- Over 175 attendees attended the pre-event VIP Networking Reception on March 2
- Over 440 attendees gathered on March 3 to learn vital content from Canadian and international crowdfunding experts
- Official opening and endorsement of emerging crowdfunding industry by Ontario Finance Minister Hon. Charles Sousa
- Meet & Greet and panel with the Ontario Securities Commissions, who provided regulatory best practices
- 30 sessions delivered delivered on alternative finance crowdfunding models in the venture funding continuum
- 12 live pitching sessions by emerging startup companies; 4 winners of CBC Dragon’s Den “Front of the Line” Golden Tickets
- Inspirational success stories from experts who raised over $25M combined through crowdfunding
Decision makers from coast-to-coast and around the globe in Canada’s fast growing and lucrative crowdfunding industry:
- Startups and SMEs actively raising capital and investors actively seeking to invest (seeking business outcomes)
- Industry participants and experts including crowdfunding portals, legal, accounting and finance professionals, regulators, dealer-brokers, consultants, marketers, technology providers and advisory groups
- Entrepreneurial and innovation networks seeking to raise capital and commercialization ventures including incubator/accelerators, entrepreneurs, start-ups, high impact SMEs
- Social enterprise-impact investing companies, non-profits and cause-based organizations actively seeking funding
- Government (federal, provincial, municipal) involved in small business and innovation
- Private angel investors and venture capital groups, fund managers and corporate investors seeking to work emerging crowdfunding companies
- Media journalists and content creators tracking innovation, technology, small business and finance
Media Passes to the 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) will grant passes to selected representatives of authorized media organizations to enable them to develop and publish articles and stories about the Summit, the association, and/or the industry generally.
Accredited media representatives will include the editorial staff of publications/newswire services and TV/radio crews from one or more of the following:
- Newspapers/magazines that are available to the public, published at least six times a year by an organization whose principal business activity is publishing, and that generally carry paid advertising.
- Online publications that generate a substantial amount of original news content and belong to a registered company with a verifiable non-web address and telephone number.
- Newswire services that provide news coverage to subscribers, including newspapers, periodicals and/or telephone networks.
- Broadcast media that broadcast news and information programs to the public. Independent film and video publishing companies will be accredited if officially mandated by a broadcast station via a letter of assignment.
- Freelance journalists if they can provide a letter of assignment from a media organization.
Media credential requirements
The NCFA reserves the right to request the following credentials before granting a pass to the Summit:
- Recognized media or press card
- Letter of assignment on official letterhead from an editor or bureau chief
To apply for a media pass or if you have questions, please send an email, with your full contact details, including the name of your media outlet to email@example.com. We will follow up with you to confirm your pass.
“NCFA is an important player in helping to ensure that Ontario and Canada remains at the forefront [of crowdfunding], a budding, disruptive way of helping startups get off the ground and scale.” Hon. Brad Duguid, Ontario MPP, MEDEI
Venue: MaRS Discovery District 101 College St, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Venue: MaRS Discovery District (auditorium) 101 College St., Toronto, ON, M5G 1L7